CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Skirt and babylegs

I found this most amazing and inspirational blog that I got the ideas for this little skirt and babylegs. It is called Make it and Love it. Ashley is the gal with all of the imagination. I found this shirt at Target in the men's dept for $2. I cut the top off of the shirt and used the bottom of the shirt for the little skirt. I had some white knit fabric that I made a white skirt a little longer than the blue. Then I rolled the white to the outside to make the casing. The bottom hem of the blue is the hem of the original shirt. The tank top in the little girls dept. for $1.98. I cut off the top of the tank and cut it apart at the seams so I had 2 pieces. I squared the edges with my rotary cutter and then hemmed the end. The other end is the original hem from the tank top. Then I sewed the long sides together and there you have it! Darling baby legs for $1.98. (baby legs are a new word for baby leg warmers that you pull all the way up to the top of their leg to keep them warm. Here is a site that makes them: http://store.babylegs.com/catalog/Top-Sellers Here is the end result! They are so fun! Shhhhh because I am going to find a darling shirt for my niece and give it to her for Christmas!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment