CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Valentines Quilt

I needed an excuse to make another quilt and this time I wanted to keep it! I thought I could make a small quilt for each holiday for the back of the couch. I started with Valentines Day because it was the next holiday. I fell in love with the Moda "candy kisses" fabric line from last year after finding a charm pack I followed the idea of a quilt on Moda Bake Shop that is for using charm packs. I made my own pattern This was the first quilt I have ever quilted on my machine. I started by dropping the feed dogs, but I didn't get very consistent stitches, so I put them back up and just started! It was fun to do even though it wasn't turning out perfect. I love it though! This is the back. Here is a close-up of the stitching on the back I am excited to find something to make a st. patricks day quilt. Weird I know, but why not?

3 comments:

Sherri

Wow! You are very talented! I will have to enjoy yours for now! Love the work!

Dana

I love it! It turned out really cute! Way to go!

Anonymous

WOW I love it. I want to make one for every holiday too, i better get started

Post a Comment