CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Fun little shoulder bag...

I love to make different bags. There are some darling patterns online that are free or you could make up your own. This one I made up my own. It was a piece of fabric that was 44" wide and I cut a strip 9" off. Take that piece and fold it in half and cut it at the fold so you have 2 pieces. Take one of the strips that is now 9"x 22" and fold it in half with the right sides together. Sew up the two sides and leave the top open. Repeat with the other 9"x22" fabric. I like to trim the corners off without cutting into the seam. it makes it easier when you flip it. Then there isn't so much bulk in the corners of the bag. Now take one of the squares and turn it right side out. This will be the outside of your bag. Put the other square that is inside out into the other square and match up corners. To finish the edge, you can turn both pieces to the inside twice and sew it together. For the shoulder strap I used a piece that was 60" x 4". I ironed it in half and then I opened it up and turned the edges in about 1/4 ". Then I sewed a straight stitch down the length of the strap. I ironed it again to make sure it was straight because I am anal that way. To attach the strap I folded the edge once and sewed it to the seams on the sides. One of them I sewed the strap on the back side. It is a little different, but that is what is fun. To figure out how to try new things. Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment